Monster Robot

Preparing for Halloween I asked my son what he wanted to be and he didn't know. Our family is not the Halloween Superstore kind.  So, we walked around the toy section of Target. He found a G.I. Joe mask and said," I want to be a robot." Shortly after we stumbled across a furry gray rug and he wrapped it around himself and said. "I want to be a monster for Halloween. "I reminded him he wanted to be a robot and he said, "I want to be a Monster Robot!" That started it all.

Since then we bought a new Dyson vacuum and so our old vacuum became spare parts. Leftovers like curtain rods, a skateboard helmet, some sunglasses, foam drawer lining and electrical conduit became our building blocks. It is almost finished and it has been fun to allow my son to make all the design decisions along the way. This truly is his costume idea and design.
The wings pictured above are made from foam drawer lining. The curtain rods are connected to cabinet hinges that lock into place when lifted up.



Share:

0 comments