Thank You, Thomas Edison

My first creation sold this past week while I was away in Thailand. I began with the 1879 Edison bulb. I set out to find an inspiration that would be worthy of the warm light of this vintage bulb. When I saw this antique fire extinguisher, I was sold. I took the brass top and lathed out a hole to fit the ceramic bulb base (which a hand painted to match the patina). I then drilled out a spot for the pull-chain but was unsatisfied with the shiny brass look of the factory screw-on base. So, I replaced it with an old brass pipe fitting. That final touch was to add the cord. I used another brass fitting with a fine patina for the base where the cord comes out. This vintage up-cycled fire extinguisher lamp was purchased for a boys room. I hope he enjoys it.

Sale Price: $240.00 US 

Share:

0 comments